Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Grandmother's 90th Birthday

It's not every day that one get's to celebrate a 90th birthday. We are blessed to have my Grandmother still with us and in great health considering her two strokes this past year. Her party turned out lovely! I thought you might like to see some of the details. We had so much food left over, it was crazy. I guess better too much than not enough.

On the table centerpieces, I used vintage inspired hankies I found online at The LuRay Collection with Dollar Tree nickel-plated platters that could fool my even my Grandmother!


I borrowed the idea from one of my brides of using the "silver" platters for signage by painting the center with chalkboard paint .  It was perfect for the occasion since we wanted the silver service to be as classy as my Grandmother. Dummy here forgot to move the lighter and pen box before I took the picture. It was a crazy rush trying to get everything in place in less than 2 hours, so I just snapped as fast as I could.



I didn't have time to paint another board so I wrote directly onto a black foam mounted posterboard.  It worked, but you can't erase! I cut it to fit one of Grandmother's old frames.



I found the little blank coloring books in the Target dollar aisle and the cute little crayon bags at Dollar Tree.


My Aunt and cousin have an incredibly beautiful collection of silver that really made the event gorgeous and sparkly.



Wouldn't it happen that my Cream Cheese Pound Cake was a flop...stuck to the pan and looked so sad, so I iced the whole thing and it still looked sad.  My husband was thankful for that because he got to eat it the next week.  Well, it was a good thing that I made an extra batch of mini-bundts.  They were a great size for the kids and looked really cute stacked on a tier.




I started with a foam board base that I cut out and then made tissue flowers the right width to cover up the foam board.  I love how it turned out and my Grandmother did too.  This project probably took me at least 7 hrs to complete. We hung it with fishing line from the backdrop pole. Cayle was excited that we can turn the 9 upside down for her 6th birthday this week.  I'm willing to sell in case anyone has a "60th" Birthday coming up!!







I love how my Keslee is playing pee-a-boo from behind the roses.


My cutie pie son and niece.




My beautiful Grandmother and Great Aunt Louise.







With 6 Grandkids and 13 Great-Grandkids, it's bound to be a crazy picture. :)



My niece and my girls.







The Invitation



No comments:

Post a Comment